The Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) Course introduces you to the fundamentals of instruction (FOI) and teaches you to be a successful flight instructor. Becoming a CFI and teaching students is a great learning process for your self. It will increase your flying skills and allow you to gain a deeper understanding of concepts introduced to you during previous flight training. This certificate allows you to give flight and ground instruction as well as flight reviews.
Students enrolling in the Certified Flight Instructor Course must have a Commercial Pilot Certificate and a current 3rd class medical.
The Piper Arrow PA-28RT201 aircraft is used for training.
Ground Training at a glance:
- Creating lesson plans
- The learning process
- Effective teaching
- Evaluation and testing
- Review of recreational, private, and commercial pilot knowledge
- Flight instructor responsibilities
Flight Training at a glance:
- Introduction to flying from the right seat
- Fundamentals of instruction
- Pre and post flight briefings
- Performance maneuvers from the right seat
- Emergency operation
- Common student errors and recognition