The Commercial Pilot Certificate is the next step up from the private pilot level. It builds on what you learned as a private pilot, but requires a higher degree of proficiency necessary as a commercial pilot. The Commercial Pilot Certificate allows you to fly for hire, and the training you receive will make you a safer and more skilled aviator.
Students enrolling in the Commercial Pilot Course must hold a Private Pilot Certificate and at least a current 3rd class medical.
The Cessna 172 can be used for initial training for the Commercial Pilot Certificate. The Piper Arrow PA-28 RT201 is used for the final phases of training and for the check ride.
Flight Training at a glance:
- Pre and post flight procedures
- Takeoffs, landings and go-around procedures
- Commercial pilot performance maneuvers
- Long range navigation/li>
- Emergency operations
- Commercial pilot scenario based training
Ground Training at a glance:
- Advanced aerodynamics
- Advanced aircraft systems
- Advanced weight and balance calculations
- Density altitude and aircraft performance calculations
- High altitude operations
- Advanced meteorology